On 20191113, we received a piece of information on how to practice road safety from Land Transport Authority.
I thought that it is nice to summarize the key takeaways here for Little Prince, Little Princess, and friends:
- remember safety 1st
- do not rush! be an early bird.
- be attentive & avoid using gadgets e.g. mobile phones.
- use designated crossings e.g. zebra crossing, overhead bridge.
- before crossing a road,
- we should never cross the road when the green man is flashing.
- we should never cross the road when the red man appears.
- we can only cross the road when the green man appears.
- practice Kerb drill: look right, look left, look right again.
- look out for traffic in all directions as drivers do not always stop when they should.
- raise your hand when crossing the road.
- fasten our seatbelts when we sit in a car, taxi, or school bus.
- do not walk between parked vehicles or buses.
- look out for cyclists or personal mobility device (PMD) riders.
- slow down when cycling near others.