On 20180617, Honey Panda and I were having different thoughts on which one was better for Little Princess: a crayon or a color pencil?
Toddlers have to press hard to get bright color from crayons and parts of them fall off or break easily.
Pencil tips may fall off and a 2 to 3 year old may favor a thick crayon or jumbo pencils over a thin adult’s pencil.
Since little children are all about tactile experience, there may be a chance any art material we give them will enter their mouth at some point.
Even non-toxic-labeled materials carry warning label because they are not poisonous in small amounts, but some could be in large amounts.
Some art materials that I consider:
- Since a child graduates from a crayons to colored pencils as it grows older, we must get safer crayons for Little Princess as of 20180617 .
- I am considering Crayola My First Crayola Palm Grip or Honeysticks Non Toxic Crayons For Babies
- edible homemade paint made of yogurt and food coloring
- edible homemade play dough
- use food coloring of primary colors (red, yellow, blue) to add colors
- lipsticks for red colors, eye shadow, foundations that I rarely used .
 20180617 is Father’s Day in China, Malaysia, Singapore, UK, USA and I thought of Papa who has gone to the heaven.
 While I believe that girls and women must know how to put proper make up, I prefer not having to wear make up on most days to let my face skin breathes!