During the open campus day, I saw that there would be 22 classmates of Little Prince and we received a back-to-school checklist by Todd Parr.
On the eve of Little Prince’s first day of kindergarten, as inspired by the checklist, I created a personalized checklist for him:
- be unique, it’s okay to be different
- be polite (以礼待人) & kind.
- smile at people
- greet people
- nod / wave gently
- thank people (teachers, TAs, friends, school bus driver, etc)
- be humble (虚怀若谷)
- Don’t be like the gingerbread man or the rabbit (in the hare and the tortoise story).
- be confident, don’t be afraid
- make new friends
- explore your new school, including classroom, library, gym, etc
- learn as much as you can (发奋图强)
- listen to teachers (languages, mathematics, physical education, etc)
- learn about your friends
- their name (how to spell?)
- where they come from, where they have been to
- their likes and dislikes
- wash your hands. Don’t put your fingers/hands in your mouth to minimize germs getting into your body.
- finish your lunchbox (Mama wakes up early to prepare it), then you will earn a star (once you have 5 Gerber stars, you could listen to your favorite architect).
Dear Universe, please keep Little Prince happy and safe during his school days. Thank you!