Since one of my former mentors (bosses) commented that my current assignment in Spring 2017 as “one hell of a lot of [insert any form of working e.g. presenting, reviewing, reading, attending meeting, etc]…:-(“, I must be smarter and more creative in supplying my body with nutrients.
Like oatmeal , fenugreek (methi), sesame seed, water, barley water (increases the quality of breast milk), soup may help sustaining/increasing breastmilk production, as my postpartum experience suggested that daily intake of soup was correlated with an adequate supply of milk.
“Breastfeeding mums should be drinking at least 2 liters of fluids daily. Some mothers may need to drink more water each day“, especially for a mother like me because I observe that I need to drink more water than average people while not breastfeeding.
Here are some quick and easy soup recipes:
- egg tomato soup. Ingredients: tomato + egg (low heat, stir) + salt + sesame oil (add after cooked for flavor) 
- chicken soup. Ingredients: chicken thighs + ginger + salt. Methods: use slow cooker over night or throughout the day  / a rice cooker 1 hr (after boiled, remember to tilt the lid to prevent spill).
- chicken mushroom soup. Ingredients: chicken thighs + mushroom + salt. Methods: I used slow cooker for at least 6 hrs on 20170210 because I saw Holland white button mushrooms on offer for only AED 10 / 500g
- herbal soup using quick-to-prepare ingredients or pre-packed herbals e.g. bazhen soup (my first one on 20170113 in the year 2017 after pumping milk for Little Princess)
- ABC soup using a rice cooker.
- Chinese cabbage soup using a rice cooker.
 On 20170114, at 9.30 am, I started preparing to cook for ginger chicken soup for my dinner using a slow cooker (a crook). I blanched 4 thighs of chicken that I bought yesterday. I used organic ginger, though it is more expensive but I save time for not needing to peel its skin. I broke it into thumb-like size, and if it’s still big, I used knife to partly sliver it so that the flavor will be out into the soup.
 Oatmeal is also gentle on our empty stomach.
 On Good Friday 2017 (20170414), Little Prince learned to cook egg tomato soup ala mama (see ref2017/eat_cook*.txt)