On 2016xxxx, I met with my first subordinate whose hiring was greatly contributed by me. While she was not our first choice due to the better technical competence of the other candidates, but fortune favored her.
To effectively lead people, we must influence them positively:
- Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
- Indirectly show people’s mistakes, do not scold, do not blame.
- Ask questions instead of giving direct orders.
- Talk about our own mistakes before criticizing the other person.
- Let the other person save face.
- Praise every improvement.
- Encourage people, make the fault seem easy to correct.
- Inspire people, frame our desires in terms of others’ desires.
- Delegate and learn to trust our people 
- To sway others, use their morals against them.
 This is a piece of beautiful advice that was given by a friend living on 61st floor with a wonderful view of the Arabian Gulf (grep “20161125 lesson” ref2016*/*txt)