While “Schopenhauerian claim that our lives lack meaning because we are invariably dissatisfied; either we have not yet obtained what we seek, or we have obtained it and are bored,” I choose to embrace gratitude + creativity + productivity as ways of living.
“What is good for us on a personal level, what’s going to bring more joy, gratitude, effectiveness in our lives and be the best for our own careers is also what is best for the world” ~ Arianna Huffington
Gratitude can help us to cope with the feelings of overwhelmed and fatigue as I experienced on 20160608 after long commutes and troubleshooting a printer that does not work.
Thus, I consciously reflect on and write a gratitude list.
For Summer 2016, I am grateful for:
- a safe flight to see family
- Little Prince growing smarter and embracing his role as a big brother
- Little Princess on the way
- Father-in-law shopping food, peeling fruits for us
- Mother-in-law cooking nutritious soup and home-cooked dishes 
- our income hitherto
- opportunities for Honey Panda
- more weeks with Little Prince
- kind people giving their seats on public train rides to #pregnantHappyGreenPanda 
- safe taxi rides where the accident rates are relatively high in the desert
 Due to my pregnancy-associated challenges, I am sensitive to low quality ingredients e.g. oils being used for outside food.
 This gift of time is possible through a well-prepared plan since January 2016 and the kindness of a previous mentor. To live a successful life, planning and executing are prerequisites.
 It seems that the ratio of people who choose to focus on their phones/tablets to these kind people follows the Pareto’s Law (80:20), hence I try to say my second “thank you” to them if I see them again before I get down from the train.