Recently, I felt tremendous fatigue and a friend suggested me to nourish myself with French free-range/organic chicken soup. How I missed the "ayam kampung" soup and black chicken soup that Mom used to cook for us.
- 0.5 baby chicken / 0.25 chicken
- ginger slices
- a pinch of salt
- wolfberries (optional)
- jujube/red dates (optional)
- Request butcher to chop chicken into smaller pieces as they will release more flavours to the soup
- Blanch chicken
- Remove scum from top of the soup
- Simmer until chicken is cooked (~ 1 hr for rice cooker)
20160214 Thank you to Honey Panda for cooking a Valentine’s Day chicken soup for me.