Steamed egg, known as chawanmushi in Japan and Gyeran jjim in Korea, is an easy recipe to prepare at home. It’s healthy and nutritious.
Materials & methods:
- Pour 2 eggs in a bowl.
- Add water 2x the amount of the eggs. My mother-in-law used the egg shells as a measuring cup, or you can just use a transparent bowl and add water to 3x the original level.
- Add 1 tsp fish sauce, 2 tsp sesame oil, 0.5 tsp salt, pinch of pepper.
- Optional: you can also add minced meat, mushroom slices, goji berries, imitation crab sticks, green onion, sesame seeds, etc.
- Stir the mixture until even.
- Steam. You can steam with your rice to save electricity.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.