Have you ever dreamed to be an entrepreneur? While my father used to discourage me from doing so, perhaps he thought that life of entrepreneurs are unstable, a summer in Switzerland had convinced me that I must give entrepreneurship a trial, if not multiple trials.
After all, I was an entrepreneurial student who gave tuition sessions before I turned 18 and secured food for fellow hungry stranded passengers (they are accountant, engineer, etc). Although tiring and scary to be stranded passengers (due to an emergency landing), I realized that I could be resourceful when necessary.
To be a successful entrepreneur, we can learn and nurture the required traits and skills.
- be determined: focus on the goals regardless of the challenges.
- plan: a planner who respects schedules and deadlines, yet knows when to strategically adjust.
- an abstract thinker who recognizes patterns and quickly learn rules to apply them to solve problems.
- take risks: a calculated risk taker who hopes for the best, yet can deal with the worst.
- think big, imaginative.
- a lifelong learner who always look to change and evolve to be better than ever. Be willing to outlearn and outwork others.
- a marketer / a storyteller who can tell a convincing story and make himself / herself and others believe. To succeed, an entrepreneur must be a smart self-promoter.
- never give up. Treat failure as a learning experience. Be able to stand up after falling over and dust themselves off.
- agreeable, warm, considerate and exudes compassion; yet straightforward whenever necessary.
- wireframing: can design visual blueprints to deliver wonderful digital experience to users.
- data-supported decision making
- accounting: when it comes to numbers, an entrepreneur must be meticulous, disciplined and organized
- communication: communicate clearly as (1) a storyteller who can tell a convincing story and make himself / herself and others believe (2) a coordinator who ensures smooth running of our team.
- connecting with others.
- planning & business administration