We are grateful for:
- glorious sunset @ Seminyak Beach (https://instagram.com/p/51_4isM7BV/) + Padang-Padang beach (https://instagram.com/p/550-JsM7Cr/); we ♡ the crystal-clear water that allows us to see starfish
- met Dewi who just returned from Middle East after working there for 8 years.
- friendly café staff with big smiles + visit to several cafés. Honey panda loves the burger + fish @ Ku de ta. I like decorated nasi goreng seafood. The fried rice is generally less oily and less salty than Singapore ones.
- Daddy panda and little prince stayed in a villa with a mini swimming pool for the first time, though we had some uninvited guests including mosquitoes, a finger-long centipede, a mouse.
- flew passing a volcano with ashes (https://instagram.com/p/59pQkUs7HN/) that almost disrupted our Bali trip plan.
- learned about the economy of scale from honey panda / daddy panda who shared cost to reduce expenditure e.g. car cum driver rental, airport transfer, taxi.
- enjoyed a 50-min massage @ Rp65000 (plus tips Rp5000); honey panda brought little prince to accompany me. Honey panda highlighted that it is important to careful as he read a news about a man who went to China to have a massage and ended up paralysed. Perhaps, I should be contented with tiger balm neck and shoulder rub.
- learned about edible stories, such as beautifully decorated almond tofu with red bell pepper puree from a NYU-educated graphic designer who became an entrepreneur and chef (http://www.tate.com.hk)
- added the following places to my been there map (https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zGL36Yk9tcac.kb7etZTxvD04): Jimbaran, Kintamani, Kuta, Seminyak, Tegallalang, Ubud and Uluwatu Temple.
- obtained an inspiration to visit Chiang Mai in Thailand and Perth in Australia to scout for liveable destinations that suit our lifestyle.
- Bali as little prince’s second overseas trip and his first overseas trip with both of his parents.
- Little prince enjoyed watching fish @ Tirta Empul Temple, monkeys (with caution) @ Uluwatu Temple, and starfish @ Padang-Padang Beach.
More: see the end of this email and Asia2015 folder